• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Surround Sound Demo (4.1 or 5.1)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ucfswimmer

anyone know where i can find some sort of program that would be compatible with a SBLIVE 5.1 soundcard thats hooked up to a 4.1 system to demonstrate surround sound? i remember when i was a kid i went to this science discovery place and you could sit in this big plastic booth and it was like a 2 or 3 minute demo where there was a trnado about to hit some farm with like 2 or 3 people who were talking..and you heard as they went into the basement and you could hear the tornado come up and pass by..it was so good it actually sounded like you were there..im not looking for that one exactly just something to show off the capabilities of my card if there is something that exists (kinda like how you can go into the speaker set-up with the creative labs software and test the speaers and itll say: Front Left, Front Right, Rear Left, Rear Right, etc).

thanks guys

~jeff~

http://eax.creative.com/gaming/

There is 2 demo's there that show how eviroments effect sound and also a 3d positional thing. But I dont think that was what you are looking for.

I was at a bose store once and they had a room where you could go in and they gave a demo of the surround sound. It did a scene at first where you were in a firehall and people were walking and yelling all around you. I assume that this is more of what you are looking for?

Back