• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashing Nvidia BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rcttexas

I have never flashed a video card BIOS before, is it the same as a MB BIOS? I have the new BIOS and nvidia flash utl. What next?

It's pretty much the same as flashing your MB. Just follow the directions on how to do it. And make a backup of the the old bin if you can.

Do you know that you can modify the clock speeds of your video card using BIOS flashes? I modded my MX 32MB classic (175/166) to an MX400 (200/166). Free upgrade! hehe. As for the flash, reboot into dos and type...

"nvflash -fTHEBIOSFILENAME"

Don't use the " ofcourse, and use the extention too.

it wouldnt of been an MX400, as I believe that the MX had half the pipelines of the mx400, so overclocking wouldnt of met you with a card performing on par with the mx400.

it would be like overclocking an mx200 to Ti4600 speeds and saying that you know have one ( a bit more extreme :) )

ninthebin
Actually, the MX and MX400 have the same number of pipelines, (2). The only differences between the MX and the MX400 are the MX400's tend to have 64MB of ram, and the core is clocked higher (MX = 175, MX400 = 200). I know the MX400 only has 2 pipes because the 400 is determind by 200mhz core x 2 pipes.

As for the BIOS flashes, they tend to fix bugs and compatability issues, and like I said you can also raise the clock speeds permanently by flashing the BIOS.

where would i go to find a bios to pdate mine seem to have problems with agp speed and a new nvdia bios my sort it

are the specif to the card producer or any ti one will work on a ti card

sorry i am a bit dumb sometimes
:p

MX render more texels per cycle on the same pipeline if memory serves me, but the MX400s tend to have more memory at the cost of losing a bit of number-crunching performance (I guess they figured loading more textures to the video RAM would compensate for this).

Again, I might be wrong, but I did a LOT of reading on this once upon a time.

Back