• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Detonator Driver Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TK421

Registered
Hi, I've contacted both Visiontek and Nvidia about this and they both have all but just about given me the finger. I was wondering if perhaps someone here could help me figure out what the hell is going on.

I have a Visiontek GF4 Ti 4200 64mb card and am currently runnign the drivers that came with it, which are the 27.51 drivers. Well, it works 100% perfectly in all games, and in 3dmark 2001se. Well, the same day I got it, I tried all of the newer drivers up to 30.82 (at the time) and ALL of these newer drivers have not worked properly. I even tried the drivers from Visiontek's site, as well as the Detonators from nvidia.com and like I said, they have all not worked. For the last 3 months I've taken a "if its not broke, don't fix it" attitude about it and I've kindof gotten tired of that......I neeeed working NEW drivers for the added features and performance increases. So anyways I've also recently tried all driver versions from 30.82 to 40.72 and still nogo. Yes I do believe I properly uninstalled previous drivers before updating.

Well here's what it is doing when I try these new drivers:
in 3DMark 2001se, the HQ Car Chase either crashes out of the app when the truck fishtails infront of the camera, OR it BSOD's at the end of the demo when it is about to go back to the loading screen for the next demo. In-game crashes include Morrowind, when you start a new game and you're in that shack where the lizard dude is trying to talk to you. Also Battlefield 1942 crashes after a few seconds as well. These games and many others are doing this, whereas with the 27.51 drivers they all work perfectly fine.

Sorry if I left out anything important there but I hope it will be enough.

My system specs are as follows:

AMD Tbird 1200
512mb pc133
Epox 8kta3+ mobo
Windows XP Pro

Hope that'll do, and thanx in advance.

Hmmm, that is weird. Do you have your motherboard drivers installed? I had the same problem with my GF2 MX under Windows ME. Install any drivers higher than 12.90 and I would get serious problems. Maybe try flashing your Ti4200 with a newer BIOS? That's what helped me with my problems!

I know the 30.8 drivers give me lock ups.....I hear your frustration!

I stick w/ the drivers that came w/ my GF4 card until I can find a trustworthy driver. generally I have had very little issues w/ drivers and nvidia...but lately..I dunno.
We need a NVIDIA support group:D

I have a Visiontek Ti4600 running the 30.82's and have had no problems. But when i ran 3dmark it too would crash to the desktopd durning the car chase so i reinstalled 3dmark and it was fine after that, im not sure if it was a driver issue or becasue i was overclocking at the time as well.

Back