• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

apex (supercase) tu-124 Mid-atx case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pudgy-duck

On the forums list, it said "case and general cooling questions" for this forum, so I assume I am on topic here. If not, I appologize. Also, I used search and didn't find any existing threads for the apex tu-124 case.

Intel has started a "Thermally Advantaged Chassis" list on it's site. Intel takes cases and loads them up with a mother board and peripherals, and tests them at an ambient room temp of 35 Degrees Centigrade, with a cpu clock of 2.8 Gig. Cases that provide 38 degrees centigrade or lower temperature to the processor fan intake are considered a "Thermally Advantaged Chassis". They do this by mother board model number. Here is a link for one of it's MoBo's. If you go to www.intel.com and do a search on "thermally advantaged" you will find results for additional MoBo's.

Any way, one case that made every list is the Apex TU-124 case. It is also sold under the name of Supercase Tu-124. Here is a link to a review of the case. Here is a link to Apex's home page. I have found this on the net for USD $59 plus shipping.

I am thinking of getting one of these. My question is, has anybody had any experience with this case? The review was good, and Intel likes it, but I still trust the opinion of this forum's users more. If anyone has any opinions on this case, let's have them.

Thanks

Pudge

Edit. OOPS. This probably should have been under the "Cases and Power Supplies" forum. Moderator, please move this for me, it wouldn't let me delete it.

Last edited:
ok, im not sure where to start, but it is an alright case if you dont intend to mod it at all, however by simply getting a gerneric case and fitting some fans in it, possably removing the restrictive grills as well will give you the same performace. most people purchase cases due to needs or looks.

those who want looks go for an aluminum case, or something like a antec SOHO 1040B, which looks good and is a good comprimise between looks and performace, it can hold many drives and is well made.

i am also sure the antec will perform better then case you have listed when it has fans in it.

looking at the case, i am not impressed. fans can be upgraded in cases and the perfomace will be better, i suggest you look for a well made cases which offers features such as removable hard drive bays or a motherboard tray, not cooling

Back