• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are there any FLESSIBLE tubes for use withe a phase-change system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrazyDr

Registered
Are there any FLESSIBLE tubes that could be used in a phase-change system along with the usual copper-tubing??

I'd like to change some angles in my setting, specially the way the evaporator gets to "sit" inside the reservoir, and the copper tubing is really messed up.. If a try to bend it it will surelly crank up..

Thanks everyone!

Have you thought of using the tubes from an automobile air conditioner? They are rubber, flexible, and can take plenty more pressure than an Air Conditioner can put to 'em.
Take a Saturday stroll through the local junkyard and hunt for the length you need. You'll need to adapt the fittings for them, and I would not recommend soldering the metal ends (even if it were posible).

Have fun.

CrazyDr said:
Are there any FLESSIBLE tubes that could be used in a phase-change system along with the usual copper-tubing??

I'd like to change some angles in my setting, specially the way the evaporator gets to "sit" inside the reservoir, and the copper tubing is really messed up.. If a try to bend it it will surelly crank up..

Thanks everyone!
well as long as i have been running mine you think you would just ask me.well i made mine at my work but parker hose products is what i sell.hose part # 285-8 sold per the foot but must have the fitting crimped on.i used a std .500" hose mender connection which will connect to any smooth tubbing .500" od in size. 2 part #1t126-8-8 plus the 285-8 hose to lenght and you have a ac hose.for a dealer who can make one for anyone here is the link and just put you home info for a dealer locater
i should have made it alittle more clear.parker on the web will just tell you were the closest hose dealer is to wher you live.they are the largest hose supplier in the world(no joke) they have dealers in every state and around the world.you can walk right in and get one made. i just am giving the part numbers out because you might get a dum *** who is waiting on you.and will try to be stupid but it never hurts to be prepared

http://www.parker.com/parkersql/default.asp?type=2&id=12

Last edited:
UaZa said:
what do u guys think of my solution: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130483
charging hose! :)
well you know i will be honest.you and me have been doing this for awhile.
no i dont like the charging hoses.i will tell you why.there is such a small opening when you push something though a scrader core.they are not designed for doing what you are using them for.i am afraid that there will be enough of a restriction that that the evap. side of the line will not be as low of a pressure as you would like.what i am saying is that say for instance you have 10 inches of vacuum on the compressor return line.but at the evap. you will only have maybe 5 inches of vacuum.because of the scrader cores.and also if you wanted to run the capillary inside the tube like i do it would not be very easy to do.
not saying it wont work because to be honest i havent tried it.so you know more than i do on that.i just am tring to give you a honest opinion from a friend.
P.s. still like the unit WAY TO GO

thanks for pointing that out bowman!

I was about to do almost that exact same thing but now after I learned that bit of info I desided not too.:p

Back