• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

closed system fill line

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mass_Hysteria

Registered
I just received my dangerden cooling kit and am building a closed system (no resevoir). Can someone tell if I need to include a fill line in this type of system.

TIA

Mass_Hysteria (May 29, 2001 03:24 p.m.):
I just received my dangerden cooling kit and am building a closed system (no resevoir). Can someone tell if I need to include a fill line in this type of system.

TIA
Yes you do. Can not service, or, fill the system any other way to my knowledge.

Well I didn't put a fill line in mine. I just submerged the pump and ran it untill all the air was out. Then while under water connected the intake line.

I have been thinking of sticking a fill line in so I would be interested hear more in depth as to how it is done.

Mass_Hysteria (May 29, 2001 03:24 p.m.):

TIA
Yes you do. Can not service, or, fill the system any other way to my knowledge.

I would say that they are highly recommended...better than having to take the whole thing apart when you find out that you still have air in your setup cause of some air pockets that didn't get out when you submerged it. To add it in, just get a T barb (I got mine from Home Depot) and stick it in the system, with the T being at the highest point of that section of tubing. I put mine right after the pump, but right before it would probably be just as good. Or anywhere else, really, but if you split your tubing off (say, for Northbridge or video cooling) then you'd want it before (right after the pump) or after (just before the pump) the splits.

Get a T and put it on the intake side of the pump. Attach a line sticking up to the T, zip tie it high in the case. When you are done bleeding just plug it. The reason to put the T on the intake is that water will not come out on you like it can it you put it on the outlet.

i'd put one in... if you're doing the job, do it properly.. and the fill line will help you out in the long run. just remember to make sure it's the highest point in it's section of the system, or it really serves no purpose.

Ya it is best to have the bleeder at the highest point in the system, air rises in water. In my closed system I use 2 valves to do the bleeding. They are not at the highest point but when I lay the case down on it's side it becomes the high point. After bleeding I can stand the case back up. This worked out to be more convenient for placement of the bleeding system.

Back