• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gefroce 4 and XP?How to incrase FPS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

domstar

Hi,
Any1 know how to get better 3Dmark scores? I can get roughly about 4600 @1024x768 at 32Bit in XP with a geforce4 420 64MB DDR and an athlon XP1800+.
any ideas?
Dom

you really need to use the search button of these forums, it'll help you to answer everything you want to know.
ANyway to get better 3dmark scores you're going to have to overclock. I would recommend your fsb and your video card. Go into your bios and check your divider, up your vcore, fsb, and up your vdimm. I would advise reading up on your mobo and how to raise everything in your bios first. (It depends on what type of RAM you have too). THen for you video card I would download something like rivatuner to help you get started on O/C that. What brand gf4 do you have? what kind/brand of RAM do you have? Try and be a little more specific in listing what you have and what settings you currently have everything at... that way it'll make it easier for everyone else to help answer your questions to the best of our knowledge... :)

hmm it seems you have an MX so that actually sounds pretty good does yours have SDR or DDR ram?

I have DDR memory and not to be annoyed but im not that stoopid. I know how to voerclock i was just wondering what was th best and what had most effect.
cheers anyway
Dom

Back