• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor reccomendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

Well my 19' is going out and I be in the market for a new one soon. Haven't bought one in awhie so I am kind of out of the loop. I want 19' no less and a good refresh rate cause I watch movies and game alot. Thx in advance :p

btw: Looking for something dependable and trying not to go over $200

Yeh its weird the picture just keep fading out to black and I have to bang the sides to get picture back.

I would get an LCD except for the fact I heard they are not the best for gaming due to refresh rate limits.

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 955DF and I love it. IMHO its a great monitor for its price range.

Whatever brand/model you decide on getting though I would stick to a CRT but make sure it has a flat screen. LCDs are more expensive and most are not worthy to do gaming on. You already have a CRT I see so you obviously have the space for another ;)

i have the Syncmaster 753 (17 inch) and i love it. i was going to get the 19 inch but i got a good deal on this one.

for the money i don't think the Syncmaster can be beat.

dreamtfk said:
Yeh its weird the picture just keep fading out to black and I have to bang the sides to get picture back.

I would get an LCD except for the fact I heard they are not the best for gaming due to refresh rate limits.
Actually LCD screens dont HAVE a refresh rate. Each pixel is just on all the time, and you get motion blure because the pixels cant change color fast enough. But there is no refresh rate, because the display doesnt 'refresh' its just there.

Well I made up my mind on the 19' Trinitron. I got a black one for $273 shipped, pretty good deal I think.

dreamtfk said:
Well I made up my mind on the 19' Trinitron. I got a black one for $273 shipped, pretty good deal I think.
I'm settling on the Samsung 955DF myself. I've heard nothing but good thing's about it from anyone (except for it's size, which is no big deal to me). I found it for only $228.00 shipped. And it come's in either black or cream colored.

Guero said:
I have the 19" Samsung 955DF and love it. Now I want a 21" monitor. My appetite for all things computer is never satiated.

LOL I'm the same way, I buy a 20" monitor, and now I want a 21", I upgrade my 700 duron to a 1600+ xp, and now I want a 2.66 p4, its just keeps on going...

Back