• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK i need youre help eople why doesnt this thing work on this setting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

residentevil2

Disabled
Ok forget the other threads about this cpu not working on 2.2ghz i found out why.

Ok first i went back to 2ghz stock everything. When i go to 1.72 vcore or higher even on stock cpu speed when i try to do prime95 or wcpuid or even play a game like UT2K3 the computer failes giving me a blue screen.

I found out its a voltage problem. The cpu would give me 2.4ghz or 2.3 ghz if only the thing would function right on .72 vcore or higher.

Why does this cpu not work right in 1.72vcore.

Is the cpu just bad or could it be something else.
My 2000+ worked fine in 1.90 vcore only when i go to 2v it does the same thing that the 2400+ does in 1.72v.

What should i do this is making me made i know the cpu has more potential than what i'm getting now the only reason why im stuck at 2.15ghz is cuss when i go higher i need more voltage but when i give more voltage it gives me errors.

So how am i ganna fix this.

The voltages wont give you errors, its the extra speed your bringing with it thats the issue, trying running at the same speed but the higher voltage. See if your errors still occur.

residentevil2 said:
Ok first i went back to 2ghz stock everything. When i go to 1.72 vcore or higher even on stock cpu speed when i try to do prime95 or wcpuid or even play a game like UT2K3 the computer failes giving me a blue screen.

I found out its a voltage problem. The cpu would give me 2.4ghz or 2.3 ghz if only the thing would function right on .72 vcore or higher.

Why does this cpu not work right in 1.72vcore.

That's exactly what he just did...

and btw, speed by itself rarely causes problems, unless you're so fast that you're outrunning your hard drives

I wish i knew enough to help you out, cuz it's definitely a problem with your chip not being able to handle higher voltages... good luck

"cuz it's definitely a problem with your chip not being able to handle higher voltages"

/ME Smirks in an arogant manner and restrains himself from commenting

I think the best thing to do atm, imo, which im affraid is a pain in the ***, is to take all ur devices bar AGP card out, and disconnect all unessential peripherals. Use only 1 memory chip..../me glances at your MB...and put the single memory chip in slot 2

Start from there.

Re: Re: OK i need youre help eople why doesnt this thing work on this setting

seoultrain said:

That's exactly what he just did...

and btw, speed by itself rarely causes problems, unless you're so fast that you're outrunning your hard drives

I wish i knew enough to help you out, cuz it's definitely a problem with your chip not being able to handle higher voltages... good luck

the harddrives thing, was that a joke?? :confused:

nah, not a joke... i actually heard of it happening.. don't really remember any details, but it was the only time i could think of when a computer was TOO fast

daS_mAgg0t said:
The voltages wont give you errors, its the extra speed your bringing with it thats the issue, trying running at the same speed but the higher voltage. See if your errors still occur.

Correct me if I'm wrong seoultrain but what your trying to say is that his fsb is to high for his hard drive and causing the system to become unstable?If thats what your saying then you would be correct about high fsbs causing the hard drive to become unstable.However high fsbs are not the issue.

i'm not trying to say anything... the whole hard drive thing is unrelated to residentevil's problem, i'm just saying in general, "speed by itself rarely causes problems"... i'm sorry if i threw people off

Well yes i'd agree as he says he having the same issues at stock speeds, btw..was a quote to my post in reference to that...or are you a fan of the mAgg0t :beer:

"maybe your mb is just not made for a xp 2400"

You'll find that most MB's won't have a problem running the CPU's coming out atm. There the same pin arrangment, therefore the same slot..i.e. slot A

MB's normally just need a software based 'flash' upgrade, which updates your motherboard to support the new multiplier, and to 'teach' it to automatically recognise a chip. But issues are normally software based..and fixed very swifty. For instance, my board, as i said in another post, is nealry over a year old now. And they just released a new bios to allow me to use a 2400+/2600+ processor :D

seoultrain said:
i'm not trying to say anything... the whole hard drive thing is unrelated to residentevil's problem, i'm just saying in general, "speed by itself rarely causes problems"... i'm sorry if i threw people off

if you are not joking i would really like to see a link to this info or something. ive never heard of this phenomenon of the computer going too fast for the harddrive. to be honest i think you are mistaken, but who knows. :)

I think he is referring to boards without a 1/5 divider, such as mine, or boards without a 1/6 at the higher end of the spectrum, in relation to extremely high FSB settings causing the IDE to fall out of spec, which I agree, can cause HD errors/restarts and ever corrupt your win install

He speaks the truth, its real, he just speaks it in an incomprehendable format :p

[Edit] "Athlon XP 1600+@2100+ - [AROIA-Y][138x12.5]......."
"ive never heard of this phenomenon of the computer going too fast for the harddrive"

At those speeds, no doubt you never will !!!

/me creases up in a fit of laughter :p

Last edited:
daS_mAgg0t said:
At those speeds, no doubt you never will !!!

first of all, that was a double negative, secondly, if you meant to say "ever" instead of "never" then that is an insult, and something that is 1. against the rules here, and 2. frowned upon by all members. ive seen you in a couple threads here and there recently acting like this, hopefully you will soon learn that inflamatory behavior is not accepted here. before there are any conseqences.

secondly, since i am an insecure person, i might as well tell you that i bought this board the better part of a year ago and it turned out to be a dud once i tried to overclock it later. ( i was a bit of a newb at the time.) so thats about all the fsb i can get. leaving me with only being able to overclock with the multiplier primarily. until such time that i have enough money to buy a board and a board comes out that interests me (come on nforce2). i will just stick with this board, because i see no real reason to waste money on some decent board that i will just want to replace if nforce2 turns out to be awesome. happy?

guess were getting outa subject here

<------- soppose to help me :D

ok im on stock speeds 1.72vcore wont work.

i cleaned the whole cpu cleaned the pits out all of them with a little tiny thumb tab pin. then i cleaned the cpu with a tooth brush and a little water. then used and erraser to clean the burn marks from the laser cutting the bridges.

Turnd the computer on put on 1.80vcore went into windows xp. WOW it was a little slow tho but 5 min later it locked up and i couldnt get in cept by using 1.70vcore or less. so somethings wrong with the cpu i just dont know what.

How could cleaning the cpu like that alow me to get in win xp for while

Back