• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Agressive Memory Timings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yer_huckleberry

I'm trying to learn more about my memory timings and what setting's will do exactly what. I have a ASUS P4B 533-E with current memory timings set at (2, 2, 3, 7) (2) (.75) (2.5)

I received this information from the intel forums where a fella was suggesting trying these settings. I received quite a boost in performance on 3D Mark 2001 SE, (400 points) and I started wondering if my system was capable of more. But not knowing exactly what number/settings do what or what to change to make it more/less agressive makes it hard to effectively experiment.

Any help at all with this is greatly appreciated.

-out.

Look at the sticky above labeled CAS, Spread Spectrum etc. It will have the answers (or links to them) that you want.

Thanks Gentlemen-

Kunaak - That link you gave me greatly helped since it seemed to reflect directly what I was getting from my MB. I now have my timings at 2, 2, 2, 6 and have experienced great performance from these settings. I am a stickler over stability and the link did mention that the, '5-6-7' setting, (mine being on 6) did not effect performance that much but did greatly effect stability so I may just switch it to 7 to maintain a piece of mind, that is, if I don't lose a heap of performance in the process.

Thanks.

-out.

Back