• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k5a2+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tome8689

Registered
I am as new a newbie as you can get. I’m building my first computer with your 8K5a2+ with am amd 2000. I got through the BIOS but unfortunately I can’t get your start up CD to load. I get “DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK” Each time I hit enter, the cd rom lite goes on but I get the same message.. When I start the computer I get the following information:
Diskette Drive A- 1.44 Display Type EGA/VGA
Diskette Drive B- none Serial Ports 3F8 2F8
Pri Master Disk- LBA, ATA 133 Par Port 378
Pri Slave- NONE DDR SDRAM at Bank 01
Sec. Master- NONE
Sec Slave –CR ROM,ATA 33

The advanced Bios settings have the 1st boot as CDROM and the 2nd as HDD-0

The Post on the board is FF.

Please help

First off, is it an upgrade version of windows ? All upgrade DO NOT have built in autoload, as they require another OS present to load/install.

Secondly, make sure theres is not floppy disk drive in your Drive

Yes, but is the OS on the CD definately the full version of windows, or is it an upgrade. Upgrades dont load with auto cdrom boot

i put in the windows xp program and it's staring to load it...can't figure out why it wouldn't load the driver cd from epox...i'll let you know how i make out..thanks so much for your help

great...should work fine. The epox disk isnt bootable...it contains drivers, yes, but they must be installed within windows.

As to winXP now working. Typically, if you ever want to install a new windows. Simply placing the actual windows disk in teh drive on bootup will bring you to the windows install in most circumstances without the need for extra disks/drivers

Hope it all goes well

Back