• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

highest megaherz soyo dragon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toadmaster1

Registered
got a soyo dragon +.have an amd 1700+unlocked it got 1886mghz out bout seemed like mb didnt handle it.move down lil it will go but freezes up any tricks/hintz/HELP mb???or mb the best bios settings....plz any 1 help me???:D :D

Last edited:
Mine is currently at 11.5 x 165 = 1898mhz. Runs perfectly stable at this setting with temps around 43c after folding nonstop for 3 days. Will probrably try and bump it a little more this week, would really like to hit 2mhz but don't think it is possible with this 2200 revA.

Well Toadmaster1, my setup is a little closer to yours(at least what you have told us) and I totally understand where your coming from.I have had to limit my fsb to 147mhz because of stablity issues. today I managed to crank this puppy up to 1.9 Gig and run it semi-stable by totally laxing the memory settings in the bios. But it lowered my benchmarks a good bit so no sense in doing that for me. But it did show me that my memory is limiting me and I purchased some crucial pc2700 today. Try changing a few of your memory setting at first, like running your CAS at 2.5.That helped me alot. Also, I dont know what your cpu voltage is at, but at that speed, you need to max it out. I cant run mine at anything less than 1.825v. Also, your power supply needs to be strong enough to handle it. If your running good memory, try cranking up the volts on it too. and remember all this extra volts gives you extra heat. another thing is that if your cpu heat is too high, it will be unstable or crash. This is all basic info. and since you didnt give much info on your setup I figured this would be a good place to start.
:beer:

thanx man what u need to know to help.....mb whats your settingz..and mb how i chnge my voltz to my mem got me cpu at 1.87..all is appreciated all the help. got amd 1700+,maxtor 80 gigr,radeon 8500 tweaked,pc 2400 ddr,soyo drag +350 wtts power,mb list of better settingz in bios?i get over 10000 3d marks but in know i can do better:) :) :D

I would suggest that you go to the AMD Processor forum here at overclockers.com and do alot of reading. they have tons of helpful info that will teach you alot. And your memory settings are in the soyo combo features/advanced tune up settings in your bios. the usual default volts for memory is2.5v, so you should be able to push it up to 2.7v without any probs as long as its good memory and runs cool enough. Ill let you know some of my settings after I reboot next.:burn:

With the Dragon+ you can't change any voltage besidesthe CPU. The only dragon that aloows the AGP and Vdimm voltage to be changed is the new KT400 Dragon Ultra.

Last edited:
well I never had a dragon plus so I wasnt sure. but your wrong about the KT400 being the only dragon that allows the voltage changes because I have a KT333 that has theses options.;)

You migh have them but on the Soyo web site it says nothing bout them. Only other thing beside the CPU voltage said on the Soyo web site is the AGP voltage on the KT333, KT333 Lite and the KT333 Platinum.

Rcoe said:
Mine is currently at 11.5 x 165 = 1898mhz. Runs perfectly stable at this setting with temps around 43c after folding nonstop for 3 days. Will probrably try and bump it a little more this week, would really like to hit 2mhz but don't think it is possible with this 2200 revA.

Whats ur CPU stepping?. [AIRGA 0232 9]

i hit 2.2 150fsb with the chip still locked.

[email protected]

I dont have the dragon+, but I use the dragonkt400

I can only hit 1.8 ghz with my 1600+, it craps out at anything higher then that....currently its at 9 x 200 fsb, all mem settings at max....

Passed test 1 and 2:
1. Overnight prime95
2. Overnight sandra burn in
3. Overnight 3dmark2001se

sandra 2002 mem scores: 2826/2598 :):):)

40c idle
48c full load

Back