• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interior case painting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lumen

I read the sticky up top but just want to get an idea how to go about interior painting (non mirror finish). Im thinking about doing a solid blue interior, to go with my silver case and black peripherals.:)

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
RoadWarrior said:
Empty case, tape over air holes, place open paint can inside case, replace panel, shake vigourously. :D
so its just the color? no clear coats?

i just changed my mind, a black interior with blue uv dye would look so swank! omigoodness.:cool:

Lol, i gotta try that paint can in the case thing!

Seriously though, rip it down to the frame, and paint away. I used to run one of my old comps without a case cover, so I just painted the frame, it was really cool!

While we are on the subject, what color should I paint the inside of my new case (Red 1030 with red ccfl) I was kind of thinking a nice color like black, but that's too plain.

Edit: Clear coat may be a good idea, the interior isnt generally a high-traffic areea, one drive placed in wrong can put a biig scrape in your nice looking interior

Annoyingrob said:
Lol, i gotta try that paint can in the case thing!

Seriously though, rip it down to the frame, and paint away. I used to run one of my old comps without a case cover, so I just painted the frame, it was really cool!

While we are on the subject, what color should I paint the inside of my new case (Red 1030 with red ccfl) I was kind of thinking a nice color like black, but that's too plain.

Edit: Clear coat may be a good idea, the interior isnt generally a high-traffic areea, one drive placed in wrong can put a biig scrape in your nice looking interior
gold, orange, yellow, silver,white:)eh?: ).

Annoyingrob said:
exactly what im thinking. After all HARDware isnt exactly "soft"

I got a few battle scars, I never bothered with clearcoat. Id recommend it. I personally just cover the scratches with little toy aquatic animals :p Aaaah, a stingray swimming across my video card!

Annoyingrob said:
Hmm, silver might be cool... But then again, it's already silver :D
its not the same silver though, its more of a dull grey...

Annoyingrob said:
I got a few battle scars, I never bothered with clearcoat. Id recommend it. I personally just cover the scratches with little toy aquatic animals :p Aaaah, a stingray swimming across my video card!
You just gave me a really good idea for a prank. buahhahahahahhahahha:mad:

Annoyingrob said:
Aaaah, a stingray swimming across my video card!
Humm, you got the same MSI GF3 packaging I have then? :D

I am trying to think of the name of this stuff I saw a good few years ago. It's like this liquid plastic, it's translucent, you were meant to dip things in it to coat them as a craft thing. I was just thinking, you could polish up the metal then apply that (Probably with a roller and leave surfaces flat to dry smooth) and it would look pretty cool.

Road Warrior

Actually, I have a little rubber stingray sitting on my actual video card. An ATI Mach64 2Mb!!!!! Lol, it was my old 400 ok?

EDIT: Oooh, a rust look, that sounds cool! I may just do that!

Back