• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AT7 One Long Beep?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Choo

Registered
Just wondering what the one long beep at startup means. It will not post. Just keeps doin the long beep. It's a brand new board from Newegg. using a 1900XP, MSI TI4200, OCZ Rev. 3.2 512MB And also What happened to Paul's unofficial Abit Max Faq page?

You have a memory problem. I had the same problem with my motherboard but it just so happened that with my motherboard the problem was that I had overvolted my memory for too long and it just gave up...

You turn it on it and it just goes BEEP rigjt? no post, and it's a constant beep? try moving the memory around to a different slot that should do it!..

Slick.

Beep Codes:
  1. [*]No beep at all - this means your motherboard is dead, either due to a defective or underpowered power supply, poorly seated CPU or RAM, or a dead-on-arrival board[*]One beep - board is working fine[*]One long beep then machine shuts down - faulty, improperly installed or missing CPU[*]1 short(Beep) System booting is normally[*]2 short(Beep) CMOS setting error[*]1 long - 1 short(Beep) DRAM ERROR[*]1 long - 2 short(Beep) Display card or monitor connected error[*]1 long - 3 short(Beep) Keyboard Error[*]1 long - 9 short(Beep) ROM Error[*]Long(Beep) continuous DRAM isn't inserted correctly.[*]Short(Beep) continuous POWER supply has a problem[*]A two-tone siren, generally caused by overheating or out of specification voltages.[*]Four beeps then machine shuts down. This is because this version of the BIOS will shut down your machine if no fan tachometer signal is detected on the fan header. Make sure you attach a fan to the FAN1 or FAN4 header or clear CMOS to reset to default (no checking).[/LIST=1]

Thanks guys! Actually what I found was that While trying to keep the case interior clean and tidy, by routing my atapi drives, IDE cables under the motherboardI had one pinched under a standoff, to which it cut through the sheath and was grounding out. Luckily no damage. Everything seems to be working fine.

Back