• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well what should i do that is my question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

residentevil2

Disabled
Ok since all the overclocker member that have reponded to try and help me cant seem to get the cpu working right and niether can i for 2 days none stop now.

I have a choice. to stop overclocking and stick with my cpu on stock since it clearly is having problems handling higher voltage.

Or Rma it and get another one. Cuss im pretty sure the cpu i have is a defect cuss every 2400+ be it a reviewers cpu or people on this site they all handle 1.70vcore or more myn doesnt.

So what do you think i should do.

I kinda am leaning toward rmaing it

id call and see if they can replace it on a rma emediatly.im thinking itll take forever.since so hard to find.worth a try.if not see about money back?i wouldnt wait for a replacment myself.

mabey someone here would wanna buy it and try to oc it
themselves?

I mean isnt this a joke that the cpu wont work on 1.70vcore or higher i know its the cpu after trying everything else.

No one else has heard of this before and the other guys with 2400+ are having no problem's.

I guess im just the unlucky guy who got a bad cpu.

I mean this cpu not working on 1.70vcore is telling me its not ganna live to long either. So ill call when they open up today and ask if they have Fast rma so ican get a new one soon. I'm sure they do cuss thier still in stock on the cpu.

What should the story be tho :) Clearly not hi my cpu wont work when i raise the voltage can i have another one:D

I was thinking something like this.

Dear Nutrend,

I recived my Athlon xp 2400+ on Monday Oct 14th and have been having problems with the cpu eversince. Iv thought it was my computer at first but after putting my xp 2000+ back in the computer worked fine. Even when i tried a friends 2400+ the computer worked fine.
I think this Athlon xp 2400+ is a Bad cpu that i was unlucky to get. If you would be so kind and Swap this cpu for another i would gratley apritiate it.

This would be the story i would tell to the guy on the phone and a letter with the cpu when i send it back in right ?

well add it doesnt operate within specs.1.85 max i dont know about mentining 1.85 but say it wont do over 1.72.

but didnt u say it works with 98? just seems odd if thats the case

Your sig says that it is overclocked to 2.3GHz - I assume that this isnt stable else why would you want to RMA if you are getting a 15% overclock?

Hmmm, the chip is made to operate at default, setting it to 1.7vcore is above factory defaults and saying it won't get there isn't an excuse to RMA, that isn't AMD's problem. What PSU do you have? Perhaps it's on its way out.

Well, since you've made enough new threads on just this one CPU alone.... I don't think you should RMA it. If you're that displeased with it, sell it. So, what happens if you RMA, get another 2400+ and still have the same problem? Are you going to give them the same song and dance? You think they will buy it? I think you should just be happy with what you got or sell it.

if u can get an immediate RMA i'd go for it, theres nothing to loose and it could work for the better

Unfortunately you got a chip that doesn't o/c as well as you expected.
If it runs just fine at default speed then you do not a valid reason to RMA it. See if someone will buy it off you.

well ill make as many threads until the problem is fixed hehe.

But this is the 3rd day and im sick of this cpu its starting not to work right in stock speeds either this is telling me the cpu is dying or something. Like isaid i just got bad cpu plain and simple.

I'm calling nutrend today and rmaing the chip i dont care if it takes all till next week i still got my other cpu.

And yea 2.3ghz means just a boot up inwindows 98 hehe

Aww that sucks resident :(

Maybe your new one will be better, but I think if you have the same problems with the new chip, you can drawn 1 of 2 conclusions.

1) The 2400+ in its current stepping is faulty in some configurations (remember intels 1.13 P3 was it ?)
2) It is something else in your system, another problem, that has become aparent while installing/reinstalling hardware

I hope it goes ok with ur new chip, let us know how you get on, in 1 thread preferably :p hur hur:p

Back