• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P2b-ds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cwb27

Hey. Posted this in the ASUS motherboard forum but than realized it'd probably get a faster answer here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok. Going back a long while with this...

For a project that's been assigned to me (for god knows what reason) I've been given a system and told to "Make it Better" The board is a dual processor ASUS P2B-DS currently running a P2 333MMX processor. Right now the only parts avalible to me are Celeron 400/433s on slotket adapters. My question is, is it possible to get the right voltages to run dual 400/433 celerons on this board?

I've read the ASUS manual and it only talks about P2 and P3s, however I'm sure there's a way I could run Celerons on it. If I had my choice I'd run dual P3 500s or whatever was the highest the board could support and could still get my hands on.

On a side note, I don't have the board revision number at the moment, but if it's needed it won't be an issue getting a hold of it.

Thanks

Those Celerons should run fine on it. Mendocino core Celerons ran the same voltage as Katmai and Klamuth core Pentiums (2.0V), so no reason they shouldn't. Voltages didn't change until the Coppermine came along.

Update!

I put 2 Celeron 400s into it. Works great, not a single problem, didn't even need to change any of the jumpers.

Needed to flash the BIOS though, was still running version 1008 from 1998.

Just a piece of mind. The board you are using is one of the best and most stable SMP slot 1 motherboards out there. I run one myself and it out performs my 2 other SMPs.

Back