• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP2000 dead !?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrazyDr

Registered
I'd like your opinions: i have a system made of Gygabyte 7VXRP (raid, Lan, 333 ecc), XP2000 e DDR 256@333.

During trasportation the case, that was put upside in the trunk of my car, fell towards the side of the motherboard (making a really nasty noise...)
Back at home, i riassembled the pc but it was dead: The fan starts spinning up for 3-4 seconds, then the system turns off.

The graphics card is ok.
There are no beeps.

I took a look at the processor: i think the upper left corner isn't as "sharp" as the other three.. Is it possible that the fall has moved the heatsink while on the processor causing its damage..?

How can i see if its really "dead", i mean is it visible on the chip?

looks like your heatsink chipped your die... usually, when u have to look that closely to see it, the processor usually works fine.
in your case, either that damage was enough to kill the processor, or something else went wrong... i think the chipped die is just an additional problem you have... the bigger problem may be in the mobo

Back