• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

upgrading to ti4200 from a voodoo3 3000 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fox27

Registered
would i see a significant performance increase going to the Geforce ti4200. it will be used on my system a 550e @733. i do plan to upgrade my cpu and mother board in the next year and use that card any help would be great guys

thanks

The Ti4200 certainly has a giant advantage over the Voodoo3 in pure performance. However, you're going to be severely CPU limited at this point. You'll notice some increase, i.e., the ability to run stuff at 32 bpp color depth, and some faster 3d performance, but until you do spring for the new motherboard/CPU, you're not going to get the superb frame rates and wonderful 3dmarks. The Ti4200 is a fabulous card, I'm running one right now, but if you're going to be waiting for several months before you upgrade your system, then wait on the video card too; by the time you get ready to buy a new mobo/CPU, nvidia may have released the NV30, and ALL the video card prices will have dropped dramatically. Then you can pick up an even better card than the Ti4200 at a much better price. That is, if you can wait to upgrade. I know when I get the upgrade bug I can't wait for prices to come down. Oh well, my two cents. I would like to see what the other guys have to say. :)

Back