• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slot 1 suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

surfinguru

Ok everyone, new to the idea of water cooling so I'm looking for some input/opinions. Current setup at idle is around 38c with load at around 42c. I've got really bad Tinnitus, ringing in the ears, so I can't deal with a multitude of screaming fans. At this point water cooling is really looking like the way to go. However, most of the posts here seem to be based around the use of socket CPU's. Are there any really good solutions for a slot1 setup? Thanks to all who reply......

Thanks for the link. That looks sweet! Can't seem to find the link in their site showing the cost of just the water cooling system though. I can only find an outrageous $500+ for case and cooling setup. This looks to be beyond my funding. Any one else have any suggestions for slot1?

ken257 (May 31, 2001 05:24 p.m.):
Swiftech makes about the nicest slot 1 kit around.

Well, just got off the phone with Swiftech and that product has been "discontinued." Man, bummer. No wonder I coundn't find any pricing for it. Maybe someone knows where else to find it or something similar/better?

I just took a look on Swiftech's site I found it as MCW2001 but couldn't find a price either. That is a bummer if they discontinued the block.

I found slot 1 blocks at a few other places.

or you could go to http://www.dangerden.com and get there Maze block for slot 1/A and make your own sandwich kit like the swifteck unit has. This would not be that hard to do.

Back