• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cool keyboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wow....looks very nice but 100 BUCKS:eek:....that a lot of money for a keyboard...

but hey if ya got the money then I sure it would look great

Spec

I'm light sensitive and an uplit keyboard would drive me nuts after 5 minutes.
I would higly prefer red, but it would be ALOT cheaper to buy a translucent keyboard ($5-$10) and add a lighting kit to it ($35)

just doing my R&D for the mass's

they have a matching mouse but i cant seem to get to it on there weak A website

The website reminded me that I've seen a large number of underlit keyboards before. They're used in airborne command and control aircraft, air traffic control, and field operations equipment. They generally use a much cheaper GREEN ElectroLuminescent element though.

I really want a red one...

$329!!!! how can a keyboard be worth that? I mean seriously I don't care how cool it looks or what it feels like... for the price after tax and shipping you'd be able to buy a freaking Radeon 9700 Pro for that much.

And guess what the person who buys that will be doing instead?

...typing, big deal.

Same with that underlit keyboard, $100 for something that's gonna be burning into the bottom view area of your eyes the whole time you're on your comp. And it's not even black or shapely, just a generic white keyboard with transparent keys and lights under them.

Oh well, some people are just into that I guess. I just spent $50 on a silver and black Logitech keyboard, and I thought that was almost too much. But at least it's silver/black and has a very stylish look to it.

Now I'm just rambling.. I dunno, do you guys ever think you'd spend as much as $329 on a keyboard? or even $100 for that matter? I mean I suppose it's the thing you're touching the entire time, but I just bought a keyboard that I think has the best feel to it as far as typing is concerned for one of my other computers, and it was $10. All a matter of opinion and desire really.

Man, I tell yah. I read a review of the foldup keyboards that kinda look like that underlit and the reviewer said it sucked. He said that he couldn't tell if he hit the key or not. Honestly, if I had a light flashing up into my face every single minute I was on the computer, I'd go nuts and break something:burn:

You think $329 is expensive. Check this out:

http://datahand.com/flashsite/home.html

I would like to get a really nice keyboard like the datahand or the touchstream. 1300 is a bit high... I'm seriously going to think about getting one of the touchstreams. Then agian, my wrists get messed up easily, so I might get a datahand.

I don't think my hands could move fast enough to use anything other than a regular slim keyboard. Let alone a freaky datahand or slit keyboard.
yick

For all those intereseted, Zippy had made a mini EL keyboard at half the price, and almost half the size of the eluminix model.

Now retailing for $55
byteccZEL_both.jpg

PCStats review

omg, i thought i was gonna die when i saw that touchstream, but i just creamed my self over that data hand........i NEED that keyboard.... anyone willing to sell there mom into slavery so i can have a datahand???? PLEASE?!?!

Note: no way in hell im paying that much for a keyboard, just dreamin, i didnt pay that much for my logitech natural wireless keyboard / mouse combo...

Back