• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My idea for a new AMD ad campaign

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rippedsocks

may sound cheezy but it was a dream of mine last ngiht :D well anyway... they show a space ship then they show earth then they start zooming in through the atmoastphere and then into a house and then into the pc (all at high speeds) then they fly right over the HSF and go under it and then u cant c the Hammer processor.... and u hear it say (not the proceesor, the commercial) STOP Hammer time and u hear the MC hammer track dun dun dun dun dun dinnnnn dun stop hammer time and then they show clips off a bunch of applications running and then they fly to a buissiness build go in to a server and in to the chip and it stops HAMMER TIME and the thing starts again then to a splash screen with the AMD logo.... man i think its a good idea what do u guys think?

I wonder how much it would cost AMD to hire MC Hammer...

You should send your resume to AMD's marketing department. Their current marketing staff is retarded. Their last good ad was with the speeding locomotive barrelling toward a computer user who was faced with the decision of which PC to use. He chose badly (Intel) and got run over.

I'd love to see MC Hammer in shiny green baggy pants and dissin' Intel! ("Can't touch THIS!")

My UT handle used to be MC Hammer. The MC stood for Massive Chunkage because I rule with the Piston!

ooooooooo oooooooooo ooooooooooooooo stop HAMMER TIME..... seriously though is there a way for me to pitch this idea to AMD can somone link me...... i need a job

mbigna said:
I wonder how much it would cost AMD to hire MC Hammer..

you wouldn't believe how i'm laughing, the commercial sounds great! funny thing... i saw this commercial on tv for some cheesy insurance company, bunch of construction workers havin lunch, there's mc hammer, only real small, in one dude's toolbox, starts talkin about some insurance thing.. after a bit the guy's like.. cool, but what are you doin in my toolbox? mc says. "i'm da hammer baby!" omg i was almost in the floor i was laughing so hard.. so i'm guessing his services run pretty cheap these days. lol!

LOL, if you succeed, then hopefully you will make more funny (and good) commercials for AMD. lol, mc hammer.......lol

Well one thing is for sure you have plenty of time to make it as AMD pushed the release to the third quarter of next year.
See THIS thread.

well the jobs seem to only be in texas.... id really like to just call and talk to someone at the marketing department and pitch my ideas with a lawyer present (like a conference call)...... well ill look into it

srwven said:
NO, DON'T START UP THAT SONG AGAIN. AHHH CRAP NOW IT'S IN MY HEAD, THANKS ALOT:mad:
...can't be more annoying than Blue Man Group was....

Hey... that's an idea... MC Hammer laying the smack down on Blue Man Group.

Dear AMD,
I am an avid fan of your processors. I great performance and excelent pricing, the second I cannot applaud Intel in. After hearing that you lost another hundred million dollars just recently I thought that an email was appropiate. I am aware that Intel does hold the performance title currently and there processors own about 90% of the market. A solution - to attract performance hungry buyers and overclockers (They buy alot of CPU's) I recommend that you release the Clawhammer (or a CPU comprable to ~ 3500+) in limited supplies and see how that is taken in. The reasoning behind that solution is that you can yet again regain the speed title even if it costs 2/3 instead of 1/3 of the price of intel. I also that you get mainstream computer companies to sell your Athlon Xp processors in their systems. Most people these days understand alot about computers and showing raw benchmarks and pricing might be attractive to today's buyers. Please take this information into consideration and try to publicy become the great company that you are.

I sent this to AMD n e one think itll have an effect

anthor good ad whould be

There will this person trying to mult task on his pc than his computer crushs than he slaps the monitor again and again.Than MC Hammer comes with a hammer and pulls the cpu out of the computer and hits it with the hammer.Than puts it in the computer
than u see the person doing like a million programs than the guy on the computer says buy the amd hammer today.

just a though:rolleyes:

Back