• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hammer delayed (again) to 2nd half 2003

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toastedzergling

Hammer was originally scheduled for late 2001, had AMD kept their promises, they would finish Intel once and for all:rolleyes: yeah I am dreaming

Finish intel off hehehe that would be strange.

Theres a new thing on tom's hackware guide about the new hammer chip with like 700+ pins. Dont know if it is reliable.

Hey if AMD makes some quality stuff, I will be the first one to go shell out the green for it, AMD has brass ones to compete with Intel.

How about a 4 ghz chip amd????

A lot of those pins come from the on die memory controller, chipsets like Via KT333 have several hundred pins,

that'd be so awesome if AMD just said ok were gonna take out the guns and they realeased a 4ghz chip (they probably have an EARLY early prototype right? i mean intel has one) and realeased it..... it be a HUGE risk but it would give such and advantage

cool, time to switch to intel anyways...
getting tired of constant delays and thin market to actually find the new products.
I am sure I can get a 2600....
in about 3 months.

man i hate this AMD is messing up so bad.... bartan and hammer better be dream chip and they better not do another paper launch

We won't see AMD picking things up until the middle of next year, that's my prediction. Only then will AMD reach the stage/situatino it was a year ago when the new AMD processors was decimating everything Intel was throwing at it!

Btw, does anyone know what the DT in "AthlonDT" stands for? Dual Technology? Da Terminator? Hehe :D

If only intel would make their northwoods with an unlockable multiplier. I can hit 30 in my bios and also have a FSB of 170 stable.

(170x30 = 5100 mhz of course i couldnt feed it the juice to run more than about 4000)

Back