• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Inwin a-500 atx cooling, whats the secret

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

surlyjoe

I'm stuck using this case for a T-bird 1.33 , I have an fop32 for it , but just by looking at the way the vertical PSU hovers over the CPU socket kinda sucks , looks like it would slow down the cPU fan or at least starve it somewhat of air anyone figured out a good airflow setup for these type of cases? TIA.. surly

A friend of mine has one of those cases and it is tight. You can get away with an Intel board in one but for a TBird I think you are going to have to do a little mod and bolt the PSU to the back of the case.

There is room in the bottom front for and intake and maybe cut a hole in the top for an exaust fan.

The link that Colin posted looks like a real neat mod for the baby case. The only thing I can't stand is how the PSU blocks the cpu if you want to remove it.

thanx for the link d00d ,,unfortunatly I cant really void the warranty on any of this stufff since its for a client ,,this case sucks for FCPGA boards, theres only7/8' between the top of the CPU fan and the PSU , guess I'll just have to see if it crashes or not :p

What are you guys talking about ????? The Inwin 500 has a ton of room ( see the attached pic ) I use one with a 6x6 reservoir.

Billy

surlyjoe,
I have 2 inwin 300 cases and I will never, that's right never buy another inwin case. i bought the first one for my fic pa2013/k6-3+450 at 550 and the fit was fine, however my temp readings went down about 10 deg f. after moving my set up to a generic case with the ps on top mounted horizontaly not verticaly like the inwin case, so needless to say your best bet is to return the inwin if you can for a better design.

Billvill (Jun 03, 2001 03:21 p.m.):
What are you guys talking about ????? The Inwin 500 has a ton of room ( see the attached pic ) I use one with a 6x6 reservoir.

Billy

Inwin make a few cases with the number 500 in it. The A500 is like a mini tower. The case is only a little taller then the mobo and the psu is to the left of the mobo blocking the cpu. This case works great for slot1 boards but for socket mobo's the psu blocks air flow to the HSF.

Back