• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Msi gf4 ti4200 64MB can prevent from oc'ing fsb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tru2ya

Right now i'm still waiting receive all my new parts, but this what the system will be so far:
a7v333
xms pc3200 256MB
xp 1600 agoia
wd 40G special edition
enermax 350W FC series

I'm going to want to raise the fsb pretty high, to atleast 200mhz. I was thinking about getting the msi gf4 ti4200 64MB because i heard it overclocks very well and for a decent price($128). But on new egg someone reported that it prevented him from getting a fsb passed 172mhz and then got the same card by chaintech and said now he was able to hit 200mhz+. So my question is do you think the msi will prevent me from reaching a fsb of 200mhz, because that guy didnt specify what kind of mboard he had, and maybe he received one of the early revisions that may of had problems and incompatibility issues.

That guy most probably didn't know what he was talking about.
I'm using the MSI GF4 TI4200 and have been able to get up to 206fsb w/ it. Must have been a bad one he got.

Back