• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

seemingly choppy frames

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hydrata

maybe it's just me being picky, but in my opinion, my frames seem somewhat choppy in ut2k3 adn the NFS hot pursuit 2 demo....i run at 1024*768, maxing out the detail settings, but leaving AA and AF off. my system specs are in my sig. maybe it's just me being picky, it still plays smoothly, but not as smooth as it could be i guess. make sense?

i guess i would have what's considered the latest drivers...the 30.xx's from nvidia...my guess is it's either having only 256 of RAM, or stupid norton antivirus in the background...my FSB is way up @ 175 or is it just the 64 megs on the video card? ugh, the games will play smooth, but not as smooth as older games which my pc can handle easily.

In Ut2k3 is it every level, or just a select few?? Also are there many people on at the same time. Say around 10+. Also run the benchmark program that comes with Ut2k3 and compare it with others.

i only have the demo for ut2k3...and i think it might just be the game, because i was watching extended play's review of ut2k3 today, and i noticed the same thing on their system as mine, where it would appear that only half the screen would shift, then there would be a lag while the other half of the screen caught up...weird, but makes it look unsmooth.

Back