• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mandrake9 & Wireless Network

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nightowl

I have had enough of windows so I got my hands on a copy of Mandrake Linux 9. I chose to have a dual boot system until I got linux running right. I am having trouble getting online on my wireless network. I have a us robotics pcmcia card and pci adapter installed. It is recognised during the install and once I am at the desktop. I am sure I am missing something trivial but that is all it takes and i am a super linux noob!!

Try running `ifconfig` as root and see what the ip settings are, and if they are right for your lan, then run `iwconfig` and see how the wireless settings are.

I ran those commands but could make little sense of the outcome. I will post a screenshot and maybe someone can give me a hint.

edit:
here is the pic
ifconfig.jpg

Its got the ip 192.168.1.1 and is set to join the first wireless ap it sees, and it might or might not already be on one. Can you ping other computers?

Back