• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will FC-PAL35 crush AMD cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Henry Rollins II

Hello

I recently changed from Intel to AMD, but I kept my Alpha FC-PAL35 + Y.S. tech combo. The company who sold me the sink assured me that it would work with AMD cpu´s as well. But I am a bit suspicious anyway, I looked at the 6035 that is it´s replacement. It has a completely flat bottom whereas the FC-PAL has a rised area. Is this area in level with the bottom of the 6035, or is it lower?

Somebody plz help, I don´t want to risk busting the core of my brand new Athlon 1333. :(

regards,
Henry.

I am pretty sure you will be ok, but to be sure, you can get a nonconductive shim for ten bucks. It will save your core from any hsf.

I can tell you that it is not on AMD's approved list. However, if you attach it gently, you can at least give it a tryout.

Put some thermal paste on the core and attach the HSF then take it off to make sure the core is touching the HSF. The pads might make the HSF where its raised not touch the core. Wouldn't want to fry that new cpu.

Back