• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Here I go again....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gas-man

A while back, I took off my water blocks in able to re-seat them, and had a horrible experience after booting the computer. Every problem occurred, etc. etc. and finally, after re-doing the L5 bridges, everything seemed okay.

Today, I took off my blocks just to use my new Clearflex 60 tubing, put them back on, and no post. WTF!? All I did was change the tubing!!!

The D-LED system told me that the Memory Detection Test failed. Same thing as before. So, trying to avoid wasting time, I re-did my L5 bridges and put fresh coats of AS3 on the cores.

I boot up, D-LED tells me that Initializing Video Interface is hanging. I press reset, now it tells me that Testing Base and Extended Memory is hanging.

The comp freezes after counting my memory, and sometimes some of the number characters are messed up. Also, the BIOS says that I only have 1 Athlon MP 1600+ but I have 2....

I can't get past this Testing Base and Extended Memory, and why the RAM numbers look wierd sometimes (ie: top half of a 3 missing) and why it only sees 1 CPU

Help...please? anyone?? So many problems...all I did was take of water blocks....could they be shorting something out?

Thank you

Okay, I got into BIOS and restored fail-safe defaults, then when it restarts I get up to the O/S boot, and nothing happens - hangs.

If I press reset, it goes back and stalls at the mem test thing, if I turn it off and back on, it goes to the O/S and hangs.

I think it may be my ATA133 controller card - the comp doesn't know what to boot from.

Also, when I boot up, I have a thermistor on CPU2 and it shoots up to 48C (never got above 40C during use before) - is this a problem?

Latest Update - Bios now sees both CPUs all the time so that issue is resolved.

However, when booting, I am asked to pick between boot normally, safe mode, etc. etc. and no matter what option I pick OR if I just wait, within 2-3 seconds, the computer locks up.

CPU2 is still spiking in temperature...

Not sure really, but do you have some different memory to test on it? Id give that a shot if you can.
Then I would go with your thought there, can you boot straight from the board?
Double check all your connections, make sure everything is seated fully and all that.

The memory is fine, it's just some glitch...I don't understand it.

Okay - newest thing is that I can get it to "boot windows normally" but it just sits at the boot screen (WinXP Pro) and the status bar just goes and goes and goes....etc.

Also, when I boot safe mode, it always stops at amdagp.sys

Thoughts?

When I boot in safe mode, amdagp.sys takes about 5 or 10 minutes to completely load. I thought it was stalling, but it was actually just taking forever.

What kind of memory are you using? What video card? Have you tried using different memory or video card? What BIOS are you running?

do you have your USB 2.0 card installed right now?

I know with my USB 2.0 card that made everything hell...got all these errors, windows would hang, etc

Try taking it out if you have it installed

Spec

Okay, seems to be all fixed. I can't believe this - any time I take my blocks off, the comp goes insane....

gas-man said:
Okay, seems to be all fixed. I can't believe this - any time I take my blocks off, the comp goes insane....

OK, so you just kept trying it and eventually everything worked? Or was there something specific that you id to make it work?

all kinds of stuff - took out the controller card, only 1 HD, disabled BIOS caching, etc. etc. etc.

Then I just tried stuff normally and voila - it's very strange..

Back