• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duke Nukem Forever

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cack01

I was predicting this to be the best MP game of the year, but I havn't heard any news on it for over two months. Am I just blind, or has the info on the game gone to zero.

I've seen the pics based on the Quake 2 engine, and the "newer" Unreal engine based pics in game magazines when they were first released to the media. The 3DRealms website still has the same pics of the Unreal engine version on thier website. And in the offial 3DRealms forums, the word from the horses mouths themselves is:

It'll be done, when its done.

The only other information they give is that its strictly going to be a single player game, as there are too many scripted "Hollywood style" effects that happen throughout the levels that would just not work in a multiplayer environment.

At this point, I really dont care.

Mpegger said:
At this point, I really dont care.

I am begining to think the same thing. I would like to concider myself a loyal DUKE fan, but so far 3d Realms hasn't done much to spark more excitment in me other than put Duke Nukem in the game's title.

P.S. I just saw a comercial for Toe Jam and Earl for the XBOX. It made me want to cry out in happiness.

Last edited:
Duke Fluke 'em. I seriously think it's one of the biggest scams in history. We're all getting taken for a big joyride.

Back