• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

goofed with riva tuner?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GT2000

I have been messing with rivatuner to oc my video card, first here's my system specs just incase,

2100+ xp
msi kt3 ultra 2
512mb pc2700 ddr333 (256 stick of wintec (samsung) and a stick of crucial)
gf4 ti4200 128mb (visiontek xtasy)

Alright, should've been paying a tad more attention, or not doing this after a long day of work/no sleep night before, but now, simply put, my system thinks my cards default clock speeds are 310/560, though the default speeds of this card are actually 250/446, 310/560 is the highest I clocked the card to, but I have no idea what happened to make the system change that to the default clock. I've ridden my system of riva tuner, checked through the registry (riva doesn't use the registry?). The system will boot to 250/446 according to the advanced settings window (det 40.72s) and at first glance it looks like everything is just fine, the "allow oc'ing" checkbox is unchecked at boot. However, if I check it, and then uncheck it, the sliders move to show 310/560. Anyone seen this before? If so, what was required to fix it? I'll just try reinstalling my drivers tomorrow when I have the chance, unless someone else has any input :)

btw, while messing with clocks, and my proc (13x140, locked), I was able to hit 11.5k in 3dmark2k1, which I'm pleased with for this setup. But this gpu issue is annoying none-the-less!

rive tuner does play with your system registry, there is an entire section called power user or something, that is all registry tweaks and settings...

not looked through it but you might of changed the default clock speeds in there

@ninthebin

Only if rivatuner changed it for me, I didn't know of that entry until I read your post, thanks for the info though, I'll trek through the registry to see if I can find it.

@RedDeathDrinker

That's what I said, now when I look at the advanced display properties, and check the box for OCing, and hit the defaults button, it changes to 310/565.

*edit/update*

Alrighty, I completely removed the det 40.72s, got rid of rivatuner completely in the registry (look under power user/unwinder), got the 40.72s reinstalled, applied the coolbits hack, and all is fine, thanks for the replies guys.

Last edited:
Back