• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Monitor and Duals - Which Sensors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay, using their specs, MBM5 reports

CPU1 @ 25-31C randomle
CPU2 @ 69-70C
System @ 31C

This does not seem very reliable....comments?

I too use WinBond 2 2N3904 for CPU 1, WinBond 3 2N3904 for CPU2, and Winbond 1 for Case Temp. It's accurate for me.

There is no "MSI BIOS bug." as that link indicates. This is a common issue with ALL AMD760MPX motherboards.

Thanks for the tips above guys...however, I've got one more question...

CPU voltages. I've got a reading of 1.81v for "CPU 0" (I'm set at 1.85v in the BIOS), but "CPU 1" is reading 2.46v. :confused:

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!! :beer:

Brian

gas-man said:
Okay, using their specs, MBM5 reports

CPU1 @ 25-31C randomle
CPU2 @ 69-70C
System @ 31C

This does not seem very reliable....comments?

I have the same board and I also tried out using MBM5. I could never get any reliable results from it. Use the PC Alert III utility that is of the mobo driver disk instead. Just make sure you choose the server version, otherwise it wont work.

Henry Rollins II said:

I have the same board and I also tried out using MBM5. I could never get any reliable results from it. Use the PC Alert III utility that is of the mobo driver disk instead. Just make sure you choose the server version, otherwise it wont work.

This utility is accurate? And does it show both CPUs at same time?

I use MBM on three separate MSI K7D Master motherboards.

It has worked perfectly on all three with reliable results. I had problems at first, but it was because I was using an old version of MBM. Once I got 5.2.0 and used the temp sensors that they list on the MBM website for the K7D Master, no problems.

I have perfect readings on all three.

If you get weird readings, check which sensors you are using and change them.

The temps I mentioned above are from using the recommended sesnors....which are you using?

Here is a screenshot of PC Alert and MBM5 running. The MBM5 is in the middle of PC alert. On MBM5, I corrected CPU2 to read 10C less than it normally did.

Thoughts?

mbm.JPG

Last edited:
You're not using the right sensors or you have an old version of MBM.

I too use WinBond 2 2N3904 for CPU 1, WinBond 3 2N3904 for CPU2, and Winbond 1 for Case Temp
Only use these sensors, do NOT use any others. You cannot use Winbond 2 and Winbond 2 2N3904 at the same time and you don't need to. Winbond 2 and Winbond 3 should NOT be used. Use the ones I mentioned above.

These work on three motherboards. It's possible that your motherboard is just different or faulty, but I doubt it.

What BIOS are you running? Maybe that has something to do with it? (grasping at straws) I'm running BIOS 1.3 on two boards and 1.5 on the third.

gas-man said:
The temps I mentioned above are from using the recommended sesnors....which are you using?

Here is a screenshot of PC Alert and MBM5 running. The MBM5 is in the middle of PC alert. On MBM5, I corrected CPU2 to read 10C less than it normally did.

Thoughts?

mbm.JPG

Hmm my version is also showing a +2.5 volt reading. Did you try running PC Alert by itself? Otherwise the graphs indicate that you have a correct reading(the small rippels) but clearly the software screws up the scale or something.

Running them seperately yields same results. I am using the exact sensors you said above as well.

As for BIOS, I believe I am running 1.3 - I flashed it recently.

Are you using PCAlert and MBM at the same time? If so, that may the the problem. Different monitoring programs don't like to play together sometimes.

Back