• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

syatem working really funny

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mark2kay

Registered
okay i have an xp1800 with ecs k7s5a board.i am running 320 megs of pc 133 sdram.with xp when ever i try and hook my cable mode thru usb at the at black screen between loader and deadktop the system will just stay there.same thing with when i try to use a serial mouse just stays at black screeb.my system is just overall very unstable is it borrad or chip?shoul di use p4 instead?

Hmmm, strange.

I would advise against both a serial mouse and using a modem through the usb, btw.

The mouse port and the lan would be better options. I cannot explain it otherwise.

I would also wonder how you get to 320 MB of RAM? Is it 256 and 64? If so, is that 64 up to speed?

Last edited:
ok,now i sometimes use modem thru usb because i need to do that to play xbox online

next i am using a serial mouse because the fuse on my motherboard for ps2 mouse somehow blew out and another wire by pci blew out to.(underside of board.u should take a look under ur board to u might have blown wires too. i got ps2 wire soldered bacck now so im sett but need to get back my ps2 mouse.

3rd i ise 256 and 64 ram,but my pc i weurd it will read 128 as 127,64 as 63 and so on so thats why its 320/

lastly i do plug in before i turn on computer .it goes past the detecting screen then to that screen with moving xp bar then at that black screen between bar and welcome screen it wil just stay.

there's nothing wrong with my board - dont need to check it.

i hate to tell you this, but 256+64=320. i dont know where you got this 127 and 63 from.

also i use a usb broadband modem - no problems whatsoever
lastly , im sorry my mistake. i mis-read your original post
with xp when ever i try and hook my cable mode thru usb at the at black screen between loader and deadktop the system will just stay there.
easily done lol

other than that i dont really know what to suggest

Back