• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another use for the golden orb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Justin

Registered
Yeah i got one without knowing how bad they are (before i read this forum...*slaps himself*)
ANYWAYS since the fan spins so damn fast I thought about removing it and taking out my floppy drive(which sits inbetween my two hard drives...yes i know mondo heat) and i stuck it in blowing air between the two and i left it on for an hour. I HIT 93DEGREES FARENHEIT!!!!!!! YESS!!! it spins just under 4500rpms and it moves air like a *****. My hard drives are also frosty...and hot air is nowhere to be seen in my case. I took clip off of the orb and use it as a stlyish paperweight. My mom likes it. Just so you know its an Antec orb(sez twister on the box) and they have some not so bad motors on them .Also got a hard drive cooling thing sucking air under my cdrom. Antec rules(orb ripoffs dont). Yeah its 4:32 and I cant sleep so Im just going to end this now and hop into bed. Damn im a geek.

Back