• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You think our team had problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, I just added another cruncher to the farm (ABIT KR7A-133R, AMD 1600XP, Kingmax 256MB PC3200 DDRAM) and have it running at 1680 right now. I forgot to order an HSF so I'm using a stock AMD HSF I had laying around. At 1680 the temp is around 47C with an ambient temp of around 16C, pretty hot but not worrisom. I also did some tweaking on the other crunchers. I've gained about 10 WU's per day which puts me close to 40 now. My uploads will continue to be somewhat irregular until I get a network set up though. And I have no time horizon on that. :confused:

Onward to the top 20 teams! ;)

KenCo said:
I'm using a stock AMD HSF

Stock AMD does a decent job. Just ignore the temperature readings.

KenCo said:
I also did some tweaking on the other crunchers. I've gained about 10 WU's per day

Good work.

KenCo said:
until I get a network set up

I have a bid in on 10 DFE-530TX+ NIC's. More than I need. Let me know if you're interested in any and I can bid higher for insurance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2062163484

Harvey

hallen said:

I have a bid in on 10 DFE-530TX+ NIC's. More than I need. Let me know if you're interested in any and I can bid higher for insurance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2062163484

Harvey

Thanks for the offer Harvey. I've actually got all the NIC's I need. I still need to get a router and an external DSL modem, but that's not really what's holding me back the most. Mostly what I need is to just find the time and energy to get going on that particular project.

hallen said:
Poor DSLReports just lost their top cruncher.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,4735828~root=seti~mode=flat

15th in rank overall.

Everything worked out here. I hope it does for them too.

Meanwhile we have dropped a notch to 27th as LittleWhiteDog has added 6k wu/day.

Harvey

I just spent 30min following that guy's posts from forum to forum. From what I've learned I wouldn't want to be on the same team as him even though he has 400k+ WUs. He seems to be very dishonest and likes to toy with people. He wants the people on his team to praise him for his crunching, If they don't he threatens to leave and then switches teams to either start toying with a new team or he just stays there for a little while and switches back.
This may be good news for us anyway, LWD may be returning to their previous position/output shortly.

Stryfe- He would have been better off crunching with a single for a while to get to know the team.

Oh well, if he would have picked Overclockers.com Seti Team we would have learned to like him. Everyone's welcome here. :)

Harvey

hallen: He wasn't even honest with LWD in the first post he made there. He pretended to be new and was asking how to setup SETI. I don't think someone who has over 400k WUs needs to be told how to setup SETI. We're a very accepting bunch of people, but at the same time I think all of us expect honesty from our teammates.

We over at TPR saw LWD shoot past with their new joiner and if what you say is true about him being an attention seeker all should be back to normal before long :beer:

Just take a look around the BBR Starfire forums and you'll see plenty of posts. Hallen posted a link to the main thread over there in the first post in this thread. I just followed links from that thread to other threads on that forum and in others.

Back