• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does the sound card matter to play multiple sound objects?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

Just wondering, because I can use winamp and play games on my p3 comp with an Aureal Vortex 2, but doing that on my P2 comp with the SoundBlaster card(can't remember the exact name) reports an error like cannot create sound object. Just curious since I'm not gonna buy a new card just for that.

Thanks

Tipycol

Doesnt it have to do with channels? Like a soundblaster 16 has 16 channels or something of that sort? I'm about as clueless as you. But with my sb16 i can play battlefield (very sound plentiful) and listen to Disturbed in Media Player at the same time.

Originally posted by Jawsome
Doesnt it have to do with channels? Like a soundblaster 16 has 16 channels or something of that sort? I'm about as clueless as you. But with my sb16 i can play battlefield (very sound plentiful) and listen to Disturbed in Media Player at the same time.

Well at least I'm not the only one:)
Anyone know if a sound card matters or not?

BTW, I like your avatar, wonder what kind of wires you'd need to harness those kind of connections:)

Last edited:
Back