• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally!! A REAL nForce2 Legit Review. nForce2 OWNz All!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

http://www.tbreak.com/reviews/article.php?id=157

The Review says it all, nForce2 tops any Athlon architecture to date by at least 10%+.

AND, for all those people who thought that Twin Bank Memory architecture was useless, THEY WERE WRONG HAHA.

I learned something new today also, that when you populate the third memory slot on the nForce2, you will gain even more memory bandwidth performance. Why you ask? Well what really happens when the third memory slot is populated is the twin bank syncronizes between all three banks on the fly reading two at once. The second bank is always read while the first and third bank are randomly switched between. This is an improved version of 4-way interleaving basically and gives a NOTICEABLE performance boost.

BTW, This review was done with DDR333 memory performance hence they never displayed no 400MHz + FSB and memory benchmarks. I cant wait to see those!!

DS-Master

Originally posted by jacheatamobits
im sorry.... your avatar... cant read... post...

LOL...all his avatars make it very hard to read his posts:)

As for the post I just want to see the production boards. All the reviews have shown me that as of now the nForce 2 is the best board to get for a Socket A cpu. I would just like to see how the actual boards come out. But the review does make me wonder if the Leadtek board might be better than the Asus, Abit, or Epox ones. Oh well, that's why we need the production boards:)

Tipycol

I just wanna see how AMD's XP2800+ stacks up against a 3.06GHz Pentium4.

I mean on AMD, were talking three sticks of Corsair DDR433 Running at 400MHz CL2 with 1T and a 400MHz Bus.

I bet the AMD System would smoke the Intel System.

P.S - Is the avatar offensive?, I will change it k.

DS-Master

Last edited:
Um .... anyone seen a PRICE on an NFORCE2 board? (I haven't ....) BUT, AMD KT400 at $80 still owns the nforce2 at $200 ........

Just a thought, for all those hoping against hope to get a nforce2 soon ......

nForce2 tops any Athlon architecture to date by at least 10%+.

I'd hardly call a 10% jump over current archetecture a huge performance boost. Nice to have, but worth paying $250 for when a current KT333 or KT400 solution is $100 dollars less? No.

A good board if you're going from something like KT266a or something, but I wouldn't jump on it if I had a KT333 or KT400.

What kind of a performance increase was there between the 266a and the 333? Actually I'm thinking of what kind of a performance increase I might have from my 8kha+ to a nforce.

How are leadtech's motherboards in general? I did'nt even know they make them... I think we might see even better boards from other companies?

Originally posted by nealric
you cant change the mult with those boards. That puts it off my list right there.

I hope that's just pre-production boards and the actual models will have the multiplier adjustment.

Originally posted by none1
Um .... anyone seen a PRICE on an NFORCE2 board? (I haven't ....) BUT, AMD KT400 at $80 still owns the nforce2 at $200 ........

Just a thought, for all those hoping against hope to get a nforce2 soon ......

It says on the review that the Leadtek will go for around $140.

Back