AMD Motherboards
Forum Jump

8K5a2+ IDE Set Up Problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 10-20-02, 04:19 PM Thread Starter   #1
tome8689
Registered

Question 8K5a2+ IDE Set Up Problems

Building my 1st comp and having a problem with the IDE set up. I plugged the hard drive in IDE 1...no problem it regognized it as the master on IDE1...i don't understand how to load the cdrw and
cd rom dive...I know that there is still IDE2,IDE3 and IDE4 availalable...I want to make CDRW-master and plug the slave end of that cord into my cd rom...can't get it to work at all....IDE3 and IDE4 were set to RAID so in the bios i set them to SCSI...everything is set to auto detect...still no luck..doesn't recognize them...changed the jumpers on the cd equip to correspond to their slave/ master assignment...i'm real new to all this so please forgive me, but am i missing something...thanks
tome8689 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 10-21-02, 12:24 PM   #2
Pinky
Disabled

10 Year Badge

Raid? With one harddrive??
Pinky is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-21-02, 06:09 PM Thread Starter   #3
tome8689
Registered

Pinky...don't know what you're getting at...i just can't get the cd and cdrw to run...if i set them in the secondary master IDE the hard drive freezes....i set the jumper so thats not it...i set the hard drive in the secondary master and the board recognizes it there..got the feeling its something in the bios but don't know where..
Old 10-22-02, 11:10 PM   #4
Ottoman

10 Year Badge

i have the same board

ide 1 is for 2 hdd's
ide 2 is for 2 cd's

3and4 are for RAID...

sometimes taking the jumper completely sets it to cable select.. and it might work that way as well

series 6 93 Mazda Rx7 Twin Turbo (show/weekend car)

New PC in the works
Ottoman is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-23-02, 06:27 AM Thread Starter   #5
tome8689
Registered

Ottoman...i set the hdd to ide1 and then put the cdrw to ide2 and it locks the hd up and won't load....i changed the jumper on the cdrw to slave then to master then to cable select and it still does the same thing....should i disable the raid all together since i'm not using it....this thing is really frustrating me....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > AMD Motherboards
AMD Motherboards