• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

final temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peewee

well i reinstalled my block and i got some new temps, 42-43c idle at about 1500mhz, is that good??

I dont know much about the temp specs of AMD's but id think that was a bit high. those temps are my full load temps on my PIII, my idle is 32.

what are your load temps?

thats high for watercooling, you should be within a few degrees of ambient. Whats your setup?

dunno260 (Jun 05, 2001 08:37 p.m.):
thats high for watercooling, you should be within a few degrees of ambient. Whats your setup?

asus a7a266
be cooling watersetup but with 295gpa pump and aquacube rad
1333mhz at 1497mhz running 42c idle to 45c idle, i read reports of this moboard temps being way off....

yeah, I think 10C is supposed to be about right, in that case, then they are quite good.

I could have sworn I already posted here...

Just giving idle temps isn't really all that helpful. You also need to tell us what your system temps are and what your load temps are. Idle temps, also, don't actually say anything other than how well your processor is allowed to stop working.

It also helps to tell us what kind of hardware you're using and how you're getting your temps.

peewee (Jun 05, 2001 08:40 p.m.):
dunno260 (Jun 05, 2001 08:37 p.m.):

asus a7a266
be cooling watersetup but with 295gpa pump and aquacube rad
1333mhz at 1497mhz running 42c idle to 45c idle, i read reports of this moboard temps being way off....
Check the temp in bios. The mobo usually got right temp but the program asus probe shows to high temp

peewee (Jun 05, 2001 07:13 p.m.):
well i reinstalled my block and i got some new temps, 42-43c idle at about 1500mhz, is that good??

Give a few more details....

1. Did you use thermal paste on the core? If so what kind?

2. What is ambient temp measured 1" from the processor?

3. What is the room temp where the computer resides?

4. What type of fan and CFM rating is cooling the Radiator?

5. Where's the radiator mounted?

6. How are you determining temp core temp?

43 C idle seems a little high to me. If Asus is that far off then I'd recommend going with Hoot's idea of using one of those temp monitors. I just got my watercooling up last night, and my Duron 650 @ 800 1.625 Volts is idling at 31 C with Ambient of 28 C and room 25 C. I haven't stressed it yet, but plan to tonight, then try going up in Mhz.

I have nearly the same equipment you do. I got a BECOOLING block and MAXIJET 295GPH pump. I used the BECOOING Radiator (single fan 5x5). I measure temps with the in socket thermistor for core, and a Radio Shack digital indoor/outdoor for ambient and room temps. I have a Sunon 120mm X 38mm 108CFM fan mounted to the radiator.

Again, if Asus boards are that far off (10 C) then measure the temp with some other means to verify it.

im at 32c idle and like 38 under load...
and my board is supposed to be off a few degrees so i am in the 20's prolly..

Back