• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

game list

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heezer7

I was wondering if we could start compiling a list of games that will work either natively under linux or through wine. I have been thinking about switching to linux but basically don't want to looser Diablo II. I don't know it if wil run under wine. Can you all please post games that you have successfully gotton to work? I will try to keep a list up here at the top so we won't duplicate. Also tell if the performance is bad. My friend can run diabloII on his ne Mac G4 but gets 5fps. Thanks

Heezer7

Loki Games Ported some great commercial games (before they went out of buisiness) their games are:

• Postal Plus
  • Rune: Halls of Valhalla
  • Tribes 2
  • Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri with Planetary Pack
  • Heavy Metal: F.A.K.K.2
  • MindRover
  • Rune
  • Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns
  • Deus Ex
  • Soldier of Fortune
  • Unreal Tournament
  • Descent3
  • Quake III Arena
  • Heavy Gear II
  • SimCity 3000
  • Eric's Ultimate Solitaire
  • Heretic II
  • Heroes III
  • Myth II: Soulblighter
  • Railroad Tycoon II
  • Civilization: Call to Power

The Linux Game Tome is a good place to find native linux games.

There's also WineX, which supports a huge amount of games. A full list can be found here.

I'm not really sure what games actually work with Wine but this will cover almost all the others...Lol

One game I suggest trying is Uplink, it's not free, but fun. I downloaded a (Windows) copy off KaZaA.

Back