• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the best pelt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peewee

what is the best pelt to get for my 1.33 im gonna get a156watt, but where is the best place to get one?? and will a 156watt pelt give me condensation or anything i will have to worry about???.. how does a pelt install?? and can i run a 156w on a 431watt antec powersupply???.. i have a motorola power supply for a motorola cd radio its 13.5 volts out but i dont know the amp output, wonder if it will work... also i am gonna get a new block i saw 2 maze-2 blocks which is better the maze2-1 ???

Well, you'll need a new PSU to supply that sucker. I'm not sure, but I think most of them are 24V, or possibly 17V or something like that. You do, of course, need to find which tec you're going with before deciding on the PSU. You'll want to get one with enough voltage and that will have a bit extra amperage.

I don't know where to get any of the PSU stuff, but for the tec you might consider DangerDen, I know they sell some. You could always do a search at google.com for "tec" or "peltier" to get some more options.

You might consider a 172 (or even bigger if you can find it) cause you wanna have some headroom for when you start getting really hot at those higher temps.

I don't really know about the temps you'll get, so I don't know if you need to worry about condensation or not. You'll probably wanna seal your mobo up, just in case.

Back