• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Xbox game costs $200-comes with 40 button controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cursor

OK here's the link

and here's the text:

Capcom bets fans will pay $200 for title

Aimed at video game enthusiasts with deep pockets, publisher Capcom (www.capcom.com) says its upcoming $200 "Steel Battalion" title, plus bundled game controller, will hit store shelves Nov. 19.

That's about $150 more than most Xbox games and as much as buying an Xbox console itself.

But Capcom says "Steel Battalion"— a futurist battle-mech simulator played from a first-person perspective — uses the most elaborate interface ever created for a game and thus requires a special controller.

The controller sports an unprecedented 40 buttons to position the nearly two dozen battle-mechs and their assortment of weapons.

"‘Steel Battalion' is created for the hardcore gamer. It's designed for those who want an experience you can't get anywhere else," said Melinda Mongelluzzo, spokeswoman for the U.S. division of Capcom.

see xbox.com for more info
OK, so who's going to pony up $200 for ONE TITLE?

Looks like a mechwarrior clone?

quote:
"‘Steel Battalion' is created for the hardcore gamer. It's designed for those who want an experience you can't get anywhere else," said Melinda Mongelluzzo, spokeswoman for the U.S. division of Capcom.

eg flight simulator players... any of you guys left alive... any one still know how to make a boeing 747 take off with a 104 key keyboard?

still pretty cool but 200 for a game is a bit overpriced, i dont like to have to shell out 50-60 for a game simply cause i dont have the cash.... more cs for me :D

capcom of america stinks. I ordered a game from their online store and they sent it to the wrong address. their customer service is boarderline criminal. they said they sent out another copy which never arrived. reminds me of the webuildpcs crap. what a load a bunk.

GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt- I'm afraid that you might be right. I'm a bit worried that after Saturday we won't have rights to play "We Own Alabama" (to the tune of sweet home Alabama"

whooping_a_panda said:
eg flight simulator players... any of you guys left alive... any one still know how to make a boeing 747 take off with a 104 key keyboard?
Anyone can take off with a keyboard, it's the landing that's tough. ;)

Gravity Man said:

Anyone can take off with a keyboard, it's the landing that's tough. ;)

what keyboard??? man true FS fan flies with HOTAS :D

i have Saitek X-36 which i bought to play Falcon 4.0 (and still i play at times)

200 bucks? what a fudgin' joke. and the controller looks cool at first sight, and 5 seconds later, it looks hideous...lmao. i won't be buying one....

Well I may get it, if it is a good game I consider it worth the money.

I am about to go out and spend 100 bucks on socom (40 extra for network adapter becuase that is the only online game I will play for PS2 probably)

$100, with a controller, for a five star online game is about all I'll go, for ONE game. Dam that's still a lot for one game.

I feel this is almost a good idea. It for sure would sell well, if it was $100 less. I'm assuming this is an online game too, so that means you have to shell out more money in order to play the game the way its meant to be played. Unless you use gamespy of xbox connector.

baqai said:

i have Saitek X-36 which i bought to play Falcon 4.0 (and still i play at times)

i hear that. i love my X35/36 flight controller. i spent $100 on it and i never thought twice :)

"‘Steel Battalion' is created for the hardcore gamer. It's designed for those who want an experience you can't get anywhere else"

except on a PC :rolleyes:

baqai said:

what keyboard??? man true FS fan flies with HOTAS :D

I fly with a Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold joystick...HOTAS is really HOKAT:)

(Hands On Keyboard And Stick)

Nothing wrong with Flight Sims - Microsoft makes the best ones (FS2002, CFS and CFS2)

Back