• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I get GTA3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC Noob

I used to see the name and just think it was another racing game, but recently I saw some of the objectives for the game and it looks more like Death Race 2000!

I loved that movie and there was a game I used to play that was like it, but I just can't remeber the name of it.

Is it sort of like the movie Death Race 2000?

I heard that it was ported to the PC pretty poorly. Should I get it or wait for GTA:VC?

Thanks.

Edit: Carmageddon 2 was the game I played.

Here is an interesting like for you Death Race 2000 and Carmageddon fans:

http://www.game-revolution.com/download/pc/action/carmageddon_death_race_2000.htm

Okay, so I'm about 3 years late on that one, but I wonder if you can still buy the game?

Last edited:
Well, GTA3 is a very good game, but you're right, it was poorly ported to PC. The 1.1 patch fixes a lot of those issues, however. I would definately suggest picking it up, as it's very fun. And if you ever get bored, you can always hack in a tank and cause some general mayhem :D

GTA 3 (for PC) is OK, but personally I think that Mafia is a lot better. Check that game out if you haven't already.

edit: The only reason I say OK is because it's just not as fun to go on killing sprees in GTA 3 as it was in GTA 1 & 2.

Last edited:
GTA3 was a great game on the PS2 it was just rushed and like Oni said, poorly ported to the PC, i had conflicts with that game and my d3d8.dll and since i updated that .dll my comp keeps crashing and no other games play right. soo needless to say im gonna format and start from scratch again. im dumping everything from the hdd

Back