• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not Happy With My Dragon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
D

Dragon_Engineer2

Well Im not happy at all with my Soyo Dragon Kt-400 and I'm looking for recommendation.I want a board that can handle high fsbs and allow you to set the vcore and mem well beyond default.

hmm, that board woulda been one of my choices, what kinda problems are you having? what voltage adjustments do you have?

The board wont go one mhz over 166.Anything above that and errors out the wazoo.My cpu is at 1.8vcore and my mem is currently at its default volt.Ive tried bumping the mem up to 2.8 but didnt solve anything.Ive also tried useing the fail safes on the mem to get above 166 with no luck.

I really dont want to mod this board I would much rather sell it and buy a cheaper board like epox and volt mod that if I had to.

Would there be anyway to see if this was the mem and not the motherboard?

Hmmm

Well I've been moving my ram around in the dimm slots and dim slot 3 yields 350mhz fsb.However I was noticeing something I find strange.In the bios I have set the the mem to 2.8 and the cpu to 1.80vcore.However Ive been burning my system in and running my hardware monitor and what I have found is that it reports my Cpu vcore correctly but reports my mem only at 2.6?Whats the deal?Is the 2.8 setting not taking affect or is my hardware monitor screwy?

Most likely the hardware monitor is screwy. I go by what the BIOS say. So I take it since you go the board to boot past 166 your going to keep it.

I am selling my KT 400 cause it's hard to OC with the very small 1.85v. last night I found 2 boards that were amazing on the Volts.
the Shuttle AK37 GTr.
it goes to 2.4V.
but only 200 on the FSB.
plus it's really really hard to find.

then someone hear told me about the Abit KD7.
it goes all the way to 2.35 V with no volt mod required.
plus it goes all the way to 255 on the FSB.
one thing that just amazes me is that it does 3.25V on the ram...
I would be scared to death to use taht kinda heat...
but it's there.
basically it has every thing the soyo has, and more.
but costs 40 dollars less.
and is easy to find.

there are also a few others you may consider.
like the Asus A7v8x.
it goes to 2.05V via a volt jumper.
reading the reviews on this board I determined it wasn't for me.

then, the Abit AT7-Max2.
all the same features as the KD7.
but only does 2.1v as opposed to the KD7's 2.35.
and costs 40-50 more.
easy to find though and looks better.

for me though I liked the KD7.
Epox has a few boards out, but I honestly am not sure I trust that brand, too many "my boards dead, won't post, or features won't do anything" posts here about them for me.
but people seem to perfer them.
perfect for Extreme overclocks with very high end cooling.

Well, I have a KT-400 Dragon right now, but it's not working because it's defective, but I'm returning it for an exchange for a new one from newegg, senting it out today, so I hope I'll get the new MB by next wednesday or so... I really need a computer to work with...
I will also try to overclock this to 2.0 ghz I have a 2200+

Soyo's are known to have that problem ( i know i own one) i find that overall they are the best all in one motherboard. they are not an overclockers dream. try flashing your bios with a more recent one then try again.

Back