• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

this just sucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

new_novice

ok, everybody remember a while back somebody posted that he was spamed by someone using windows messaging?? and we were all hoping that it won't be a common practice for those idiots out there... but now I guess it caught some idiots eyes and they are using it as a spam tool... here's a link read this:

spam

wow that really sucks...I think this is going to turn into the new kind of spam....:(

But with every problem, there is a solution...I bet someone will find a way to block them out

Spec

you can just disable windows messanger...but i use it to mess with my roomates so i'll leave it on just in case they find out how to do it :) :)

Why do all these bulk add companies not get the picture? We block their damn mail cause we won't buy anything from them, yet they think it will help them by sending it to people? I think they should stick with damn e-mail, that way, people tht want to get the messages will, and those who don't, wont have to get bothered.

Rabid Snail said:
Why do all these bulk add companies not get the picture? We block their damn mail cause we won't buy anything from them, yet they think it will help them by sending it to people? I think they should stick with damn e-mail, that way, people tht want to get the messages will, and those who don't, wont have to get bothered.

like my dad always says:

"If they keep doing it, then it obviously works."

Umm..that popup wasn't Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger...that was a WinPopUp ad...you can disable that service which is defaultly enabled in Windows XP by going into Administrative Tools/Services. Set the service Messenger to Manual. Problems solved.

Back