• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS talk for the IT7-MAX2 ..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Greffel

Registered
Want to say thanks to phantom punisher first , for all the greate bios modding...

Testing out your bioses and the orginals I have found 2 things that I want other users to comment...

First let's talk about the bandwith diffirence.

160 FSB mem @ 2-6-2-3

AV = 3120

BT and C6 = 3210

So the bandwith are "much" better in the newer ones

And now to the problem I have seen. Read in another thred that someone saied that the newer ones give the Audigy card a crackeling noise. And this is true fo me to. The AV bios is the best of them, making a file move from one HD to another gives terrible crackeling on the newer ones and very very little on the AV bios.

Is this true for all of you ?

Since I'm a AMD guy.....in these systems there where a patch called PCI latency.....

If you have a fix for the "crackeling" feel free to post it :D

hmm this is a weird one. i was unaware of the memory boost wi the newer one. that is substantial. i looked through the two bioses and they both have the pci latency set to default at 32. could be some value in the registry screwing things up. hard to say witch one as i have no means to revert the binary to asembly language(if that is the native code to the bios files) even then it would have to be commented or be clear in the loops and such.

i have a feeling that putting the "av" values in the "bt or c6" bios will solve the problem but at the same time im sure it would kill the memory benifit. ill up a screen shot to the web site showing the two diferent regs from the av and c6. its interesting stuff, would be nice to know the exact implications of each entry.

Last edited:
Back