• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to O'C a Celeron 633 to 950mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ferry

Hello,

I'm very new in those subjects of O'Clocking, so I apologise in advance if I make any stupid question.

I'm trying to overclock my celeron 633mhz(9.5x66) up to 950mhz(9.5x100). I've read that is possible mostly.
My mobo is a QDI Advance9 bios V1.7slc, with a celeron 633 cb0 and PC133 ram sticks(448Mb). Last day I tried to speed up de FSB mhz and I set it to 83mhz and it's running ok (9.5x83=790Mhz) and low temps. Later on, I tried to set 100mhz, changing the jumper JFSB1, as the manual said, but nothing happened. The fans started to run but the "beep" didn't sound and nothing occured, black screen. any idea?
Should I have to do or check something more to set 100mhz FSB?.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my english.:(

First off, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

What do you have cooling the chip? And likewise, do you have any utilities where you can see your load processor temps? Celerons get tempermental above 45-50C. It's possible that your cBO might not want to get that high, but I think you might still have some options left.

If you haven't already read this, the Overclockers.com Beginner's Guide Section has some good stuff to know about how to overclock, and other helpful hints about your computer in general. One article I think is definitely worth a look is this one, which was written by one of our Forum Senior Members, Batboy. It is a very thorough article that gives you the do’s and dont's of overclocking.

Thanks both of you for your advices,

I've installed the MBM5 and I'm having 26ºC for the case temp and 70ºC for CPUtemp, but I also installed QDI manage easy (provided by QDI) and I'm having Casetemp 26ºC and CPUtemp 36ºC, the CPUtemp are not equal. Do you have any explanation? Which one could be the correct temp? Are they "normal"?.
I'm not too worried because the temperatures didn't increase from FSB=66mhz to FSB=83mhz.

For cooling I have the original Intel CPU fan and a big one (around 75mm diameter) for the casing.

The voltage is around 1.6V with FSB at 83mhz, I've checked the mobo manual but I haven't found the way to increase it.

I haven't any options to set AGP or PCI dividers. How I have to manage that?

Thanks in advance

Back