• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4B SL6EU and B-0 Shrink???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Divine-Madcat

Registered
Hey guys.. i decided my P4 1.6 was getting a bit old, so i decided to jump on the awsome Newegg deal (before i read the C-1 thread.:beer: Anyway, i got a Phili 2.4B, SL6EU... now, i have heard this is the "moddified" B-0 stepping... could somebody help explain that? I know its not C-1 (though it has a pack date of 10/01/02... go fig)... but i guess i am just curious about it...

Oh, on a related question.. would i get a better OC/Performance by updating my mobo's bios? I have an Abit BD7II... on the last few flashes, i noticed no real change, so i am not sure if it is worth it......

Thx!

The B 0 denotes a process change but one that is not enough justify calling a stepping change. it's just a shrinking of the componets. Should show some overclocking head room but not as much as a stepping change. Hope this helps. Good luck with that new chip!

OK, the thing is, i have heard of two B-0 variants.... one being normal, and one being "shrunk"...... oh well.. thanks!

Back