• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hercules 7.1 Scard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nope, not standard, but emulated (discerns a "back" 7th signal from the other rear channel(s))...

Review is positive. Tom's Hardware actually did a good job with this one... lots of useful info.

Last edited:
lol's tom's hardware, people actually still visit that site? :D

looks like a pretty good card but they should have compared it with similar cards like the turtle beach santa cruz

I've had that card (Fortissimo III) last month for about a week, everytime I installed the drivers it would say "installed succesfully, do you want to restart now?" after a restart it would find new hardware, when I canceled that I didn't have sound at all, and when I continued it wouldn't work properly (No volume control for the rear channels), even after a format and installing the latest drivers it still wouldn't work:confused:

BTW: Other than Power DVD Pro EX, Hercules Media Station and Acid eXpress mine also came with Yamaha XG (software synthesiser) and Musicmatch Jukebox (Not sure if it was a trial version)
I don't know if Tom forgot to mention that, or if there's a European and American version.

oh and I do believe Acid eXpress is a trial version.

Johnny Knoxville said:
looks like a pretty good card but they should have compared it with similar cards like the turtle beach santa cruz

Those are the only cards that support 7.1 and a Santa Cruz is a bit more expensive, so you can't compare them.

Back