• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with A7 code...Pls help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trex

i've got abit it-7........and during a cold boot i got the a7 code..........some people said that was a memory problem........
how to fix it?i already got the latest bios.........new psu antec480 w........
this problem came out since i upgraded form p4 2.0A to 2.4B.......i dont know what else to do in order to fix this problem........can anyone help me with this???????????

here are a few fixes

Assuming your not trying any overclocking...First make sure the memory is really in there tight. My IT7 board is actually bowed and placing pressure in other areas (such as pressing a video card in place or a ide cable etc etc) will make it slightly unseat. If that doesn't work, slide the memory over from the first dimm slot to the middle dimm slot or even the last dimm slot.

Try this first...I pretty sure it will get you past the A7 code:)

SporkSaint said:
here are a few fixes

Assuming your not trying any overclocking...First make sure the memory is really in there tight. My IT7 board is actually bowed and placing pressure in other areas (such as pressing a video card in place or a ide cable etc etc) will make it slightly unseat. If that doesn't work, slide the memory over from the first dimm slot to the middle dimm slot or even the last dimm slot.

Try this first...I pretty sure it will get you past the A7 code:)

no..........it didn't solve the problem..........
and sometimes i got 05 and c3 code...........damn it's very frustrating

Last edited:
Back