• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem installing me (i know its junk)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nealric

My parents computer decided to be annoying and it refused to boot windows. So, i did what i always do when that happend and reformated. However, when i tried to install it again it kept giving me random erros "invalid page fault" "windows protecion errors" before it even began to copy files. Does this sound like a bad windows disk or bad hardware?

This sounds like bad hardware. I've never heard of a WPF being related to a software problem. Check to make sure everything is connected, and reseat the memory.

If that doesn't work, then I lay the blame on the memory, but get it tested just to be sure.

Its not overclocked- and it ran just fine in windows 98 for a couple months. IT could be the mem though- its some random pc 2100 generic i picked off a friend for $25- i hope not, my parents are tired of having to pay for that machine (it used to be a compaq before the mobo failed and i had to gut it)

Go into your bios and disable any write protection or virus protection of the MBR of the HD.

Back